Monday, April 16, 2018

A Shabby Little Box



Spring isn't coming gracefully here in NY. It's fighting tooth and nail. In fact, I'm really surprised that it wasn't snowing when I took this photo. It's certainly cold enough. I had to content myself with making this pretty little shabby box. It was inspired by the houndstooth paper I dug out and that I happened to have a box handy that needed a makeover.


The washi cloth tape worked really well on the edges of the box and then I dry brushed white & gold paint on for an extra shabby look.


It's pretty adorable, if I do say so myself. It will make a nice gift box at some point but for now it's making me happy because we don't have any spring flowers here yet!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Well if winter is hanging on for you, let me say summer is hanging on here!!! But I do love this pretty box, the colors look wonderful together and love the washi too...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!